Besides enjoying a wide selections of Asian street food and top-class performances by your idols, here’s how you should prepare and gear yourself up for the event and make the best out of it!
- Be the FIRST ones to greet the stars!
- Get up close and personal
Organisers have put in place measures to satisfy the cravings of Sundown fans (and no, I’m not referring to food). Instead, fans out there will get the chance to see (and maybe touch) their favourite idols with the special Fan Meet session that will take place on 25 November, 7pm at Square 2. Get your autographs, snap those mementos, exchange high fives with your favourite artistes. Who knows, you may be lucky enough to take home some exclusive souvenirs from your idols. Now add that to your growing collection!
- Don’t forget your camera!With tons of dancing and flashing lights, don’t be the only clown using your mobile phone to take pictures. Trust us, you’re going to regret it especially when it is time to post your best shots up on Facebook. Bring a good compact camera and rest assured that your pictures will be awesome. Go ahead, be a ‘cam whore’!
- Snack away!With the best of Asian streetfood including BBQ Bulgogi (Korean beef satay for the uninformed), Japanese Taiyaki (fish-shaped cake with bean paste filling), as well as savoury Salted Crispy Chicken available at very affordable prices on festival grounds, you can now indulge on irresistible street fare without the need to run to the nearest food outlet and risk missing out on performances. This would NOT be the best time to keep to your diet. Munch (NOT feast) on delectables at this once a year event… you’ll be silly not to.
- Grab them festival souvenirs!Just telling your friends that you were at the Sundown Festival isn’t quite enough. Up the jealousy a notch and show them the exclusive and limited edition Sundown Festival 2011 tee-shirt available only in red or black, brought to you by streetwear label, STAGE. What’s more, any purchase of STAGE merchandise also entitles you to special STAGE clappers which we guarantee will make your night more worthwhile. Take pleasure as you watch your friends turn green in pure envy.
- Dress Light!Two words: ‘heat’ and ‘humidity’. With all the jumping and dancing you’re going to be doing, it’s just a matter of time before you break out into a good sweat, so make sure you dress right for this festival. There’s no point being all cool in your skinny jeans and jacket and looking like you just ran 2.4km. Trust us, the idols hate a sweaty handshake. Chuck the stilettos too, we wouldn’t want to pick your broken heels. Oh, bring a poncho too, just in case.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!Unless you’re a camel or attempting some ‘Man versus Festival’ stunt, quench your thirst by getting an ice cool bubble tea available right on festival grounds. Good news too for booze lovers, the Butter Factory has a bar that’s nearby too! (photo ID required).
- Know where the toilets areWe all know that it’s important to hydrate, but besides your perspiration, all that food and drink has got to go somewhere. Save yourself a ton of embarrassment by knowing where the toilets are. It could be a life saver (especially if you have to go – bad!). Remember, no one likes a smelly boy/girl… not even the Stars.
- Sundown Festival 2011 After-Party!Engage in some post-Sundown Festival revelry at Butter Factory, the after-party venue for this year’s event. Sundown Festival 2011 may have ended, but that doesn’t mean that the dancing should. Be the first 100 to arrive at the Sundown Festival and receive free entry into the Butter Factory (18 & above). What’s more, catch your favourite artistes as they dance and party with you in absolute fervour… What more could you ask for?
- Early birds have more fun!Arriving early is critical to you having a good time. With nearly 5000 other spectators expected, be the smart early bird and beat the mad rush and super long queues. Save yourself a front row spot and you avoid watching a thousand heads bobbing in front of you. All the better to see your idols!
If you are still deciding on whether to attend the Festival or not, don’t hesitate any longer! Grab your admission tickets while they are still available at SISTIC! For more details regarding Sundown Festival, check out the full post here: https://www.hallyusg.net/2011/08/upcoming-event-sundown-festival-2011.html
We’ll see you on 26th November 2011!
Source: Sundown Festival