Singapore, 30 April 2013 – Brand Ltd. today announced the return of the award-winning Digital & Music Matters with a brand-new exciting first for Asia – the YouTube FanFest powered by HP – a two-night ‘live’ YouTube showcase in Singapore (20th & 21st May 2013) featuring a roster of 20 established and breakout global sensations giving fans and the digital media industry an opportunity to get up close and personal with the stars who are driving today’s YouTube economy.
The YouTube stars coming to the YouTube FanFest powered by HP have a combined subscriber base of 12.5 million and over 2.5 billion views. With Asia Pacific’s growing fan base for these creators, this is a first-of-its-kind event in Singapore. Part entertainment and part education, the two-night showcase will include ‘live’ performances and ‘live’ debuts of new content from these stars, as well as interactive meet and greet sessions between stars and fans.
YouTube FanFest Powered by HP
Here are some highlights to look forward to:
- Ryan Higa (Over 1,400,000,000 video views and more than 8,000,000 subscribers)
- Boyce Avenue (Over 800,000,000 video views and more than 2,800,000 subscribers)
- HIKAKIN (Over 170,000,000 video views and more than 600,000 subscribers)
- David Choi (Over 85,000,000 video views and more than 940,000 subscribers)
- Eat Your Kimchi (Over 90,000,000 video views and more than 300,000 subscribers)
- Rob Nixon (Over 78,000,000 video views and more than 360,000 subscribers)
- Joseph Vincent (Over 68,000,000 video views and more than 330,000 subscribers)
- Cooking with Dog (Over 61,000,000 video views and more than 400,000 subscribers)
- Mychonny (Over 90,000,000 video views and more than 670,000 subscribers)
- Namewee (Over 40,000,000 video views and more than 140,000 subscribers)
- Mighty Car Mods (Over 40,000,000 video views and more than 340,000 subscribers)
- Little Boots (Over 16,000,000 video views and more than 24,000 subscribers)
- GAC (Over 9,800,000 video views and more than 45,500 subscribers)
With only 1,400 tickets available for sale, fans may purchase their 1-day pass at S$88* or 2-day ticket bundles that are priced at S$150* (Exclusive of S$3 booking fee*). The YouTube FanFest will be held at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore and shows for both nights will commence at 7pm. For the schedule of performing artistes, visit http://youtubefanfest.com/index.html
to find out more as well as to make your purchase!
Music Matters 2013
Aside from the YouTube FanFest Powered by HP, Music Matters 2013
will feature a stellar cast of music industry heavyweights such as Johnny Wright (who managed artists including the Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson) and Gurrumul Yunupingu, triple-platinum selling artist who has been described by Rolling Stone magazine as “Australia’s Most Important Voice”.
Covering topics ranging from the future of ticketing to how artists can use Social Media to their advantage, top speakers at Music Matters 2013 include:
- Johnny Wright, Manager, Justin Timberlake
- Rob Wells, President, Global Digital Business, Universal Music Group International
- Tan Tong Hai, CEO, StarHub
- Kenji Kitatani, President, AVEX Holdings
- Frances Moore, CEO, The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI)
- Nikhil Chandhok, Group Product Manager, YouTube
- Benji Rogers, Owner, Pledge Music
- Chris Lin, CEO, KKBOX
- Axel Dauchez, Chief Executive Officer, Deezer
- Brad Ramsey, Director Consumer Marketing, Google Asia Pacific
- Eric Sheinkop, CEO & Founder, Music Dealers
This year, delegates and budding artists can also look forward to two full-days of mentoring sessions and workshops at the Music Matters Academy with HP, allowing industry experts from the music and entertainment industry to share useful tips and advice to help grow the local talent base, including the members of the Singapore Music Society.
Digital Matters 2013
Digital Matters, which returns for the third year, is presented by Windows Azure and produced in association with Movideo and CASBAA. This year’s Digital Matters presented by Windows Azure will focus on the steady innovation in digital technologies across the music and entertainment industry, which has opened varied and lucrative opportunities to monetise content. Featuring international brands that are key players in the digital realm, including Microsoft, The Coca-Cola Company, YouTube, SingTel and more, who will be sharing ideas on how brands and companies can make use of the latest technology to grow and cultivate their fans, customers and stakeholders.
The powerhouse lineup of digital’s new breed of leaders at Digital Matters presented by Windows Azure include:
- Taras Bugir, Worldwid
e Managing Director, Media and Cable, Microsoft
- Wendy Clark, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing Communication and Capabilities, The Coca-Cola Company
- Brad Ramsey, Director Consumer Marketing, Google Asia Pacific
- Chris Jaques, Chief Executive Officer, M&C Saatchi
- Susana Tsui, Regional Vice President, OgilvyOne Worldwide, Asia Pacific
- Tony McGinn, Chief Executive Officer, Movideo
- David Loiterton, Managing Director, APAC, Omnifone
- Jeff Whatcott, Chief Marketing Officer, Brightcove
- Simon Joyce, CEO, MCM Media
Music Matters Live with HP
The week that matters concludes with a three-night music festival, Music Matters Live with HP
, featuring over 50 bands from 20 countries across seven venues in Clarke Quay, Singapore. The Fountain Stage will be filmed, and streamed live on YouTube by the keen media students at Singapore Poly. There will also be country showcases from Australia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Canada. These artists will perform over 160 shows during the three nights – all for free to members of the public and music lovers.
Digital & Music Matters is proudly supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, Media Development Authority of Singapore, and Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore. Other key sponsors on board for 2013 are: 88tc88, Accenture, Akamai, AsiaWorld-Expo, Barks, Believe Digital, Blonde Media, BMI, Brightcove, CIMA, Channel [V], Eon, Fender, Fox, Google/ YouTube, Gracenote, HP, ICON, Invest HK, Images in Motion, KOCCA, Windows Azure, Movideo, MPAJ, Omnifone, Pacific Beverages, Samsung, Singapore Grand Prix, Sounds Australia and the Singapore National Arts Council.
Where music, cultures and fans connect