Singapore, 19 October 2013 – It was a night to remember for all avid fans of South Korean variety show Running Man. Even though only 5 out of 7 cast members were present at the fan meeting, the event managed to secure a full-house show, attracting a total of 3,140 fans in attendance.
Fans who were present at the fan meeting got to witness some of the popular games that were played by the members in the show (and some were lucky enough to score a chance to be up on stage and join in the games!), such as the charades, post-it notes’ game, tug-of-war, and the recent slipper game that was played in Episode 155 (Guest: Suzy of Miss A).
Here are some highlights of the fan meeting that evening:
- Big Nose brother (Ji Suk Jin) took the initiative to exchange seats with Gary just so the Monday Couple would be seated next to one another.
- When asked to name a few good points of Mongji (Song Ji Hyo), Gary immediately replied that she’s pretty and sexy, while the other members amused the audience by adding that Ji Hyo is rich.
- When Ji Hyo was asked the same question about Gary, she answered that her ‘Monday boyfriend‘ is not only good in singing and rapping, but is also good looking, charming and sexy.
- During a game segment when Ji Hyo tried dancing with the Sparta (Kim Jong Kook) and Haroro (HaHa), Gary butts in with jealousy – but this feeling of jealousy didn’t lasted long, as his ‘Monday girlfriend’ was quick enough to react and explain herself, “No, no, no! I love you!“
- The charming Big Nose brother (Ji Suk Jin) performed ‘I Swear‘ in English and was seen doing his signature ‘Impala dance’ from time to time during the show, leading fans to cheer in unison “JI SUK JIN! JI SUK JIN!”
- Gary took the stage and showcased his rapping prowess with Leessang’s ‘You’re the Answer to a Guy like Me‘ (this song always plays whenever there are Monday couple moments in the show), ‘The Girl Who Can’t Break Up, The Guy Who Can’t Leave‘, followed by a sweet duet with Ji Hyo.
- HaHa brings reggae into the show with hot performances of ‘Rosa‘ and ‘Busan Vacance‘, drenching himself in water as he danced crazily on stage and invited fans to jump along!
- Kim Jong Kook performed ‘One Man‘ and ‘Today More Than Yesterday‘, a complete transformation from the Sparta into a gentleman as he mesmerized the audience with his thin & soft voice.
- All members reunited on stage at the very end to bring a finale performance of ‘Our Meeting‘, followed by a cute dance performance of Jong Kook’s ‘Lovable‘.
A two-hour long fan meeting soon came to an end after wrapping up the finale stages and performances, as the members each gave a turn to thank the fans for turning up as well as supporting Running Man. Said Ji Hyo, “This is my first time in Singapore and I’m really touched to see so many fans receiving us warmly. Thank you for the warm welcome!”
“I’ve been here often. Singapore always feels like home to me and I like it here. I promise you, that I’ll keep you guys on my mind until the next time we return again. I hope we’ll all come back to Singapore together along with Jaesuk and Kwangsoo next time.” (Kim Jong Kook)
Tune in to Running Man exclusively on ONE (SingTel mio TV Ch 513/604 & StarHub TV Ch 124/820/823/876) every Friday at 11.45pm!
Where music, cultures and fans connect