Are you someone who is passionate about K-pop and love all things Korean? If you think that you have a flair for writing, creating original content, and would like to gain some experience in the fast-paced media industry, you might just be that Editorial Intern we’re looking for to join our team!
Our team is small, but we take up ownership of every project with professionalism, and above all, you get to work with a fun and creative team who share a similar passion. On regular days, you’ll stay in the office to work on contents and stuff, and on some days, we’ll get ourselves out there to shoot, attend events and concerts, eat Korean food, etc — all in the name of work. We are not a typical 9am to 6pm office job, so sometimes you may be required to work late into the night, but in return you can wake up later for work too.
We work closely as a team together, and we learn how to make work fun by doing the things we love. Staying on top of trends related to the Korean entertainment and culture is important, so you must be ready to embrace all aspects of the “K” element if you wish to consider being part of the Hallyufam.
Your job scope will entail:
- Writing editorial/advertorial posts on the site for all things Korean
- Assisting in shoots and off-site event coverages when required (including opportunities to interview Korean celebrities and K-pop stars)
- Brainstorming with the team for fresh content (article, video, newsletter, etc)
- Research the latest happenings and trends related to the “K” element
- Social media engagement
- Other ad-hoc duties such as servicing of clientele base
- Applicants have to be 18 years old and above
- You must have a strong command of English
- Being proficient in Korean language is not a must, but will be a bonus
- Strong writing skills with an original and positive written voice
- Good knowledge of the Korean entertainment industry
- Good knowledge in photography/videography or experienced in using photoshop/premiere pro will be a huge bonus
- Experienced in using social media (Eg. Twitter, Instagram & Facebook)
- Must be initiative, organised and dedicated with a positive learning attitude
How to apply?
We are specifically looking for an immediate 6-month Editorial Intern who can work in our humble new office from Monday to Friday (10am to 7pm). Monthly CPF contribution will be included for Singapore citizen/Singapore PR.
If you think you fit the above job criteria, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, some original ideas to pitch for future posts, as well as one writing sample of an original topic you would like to write about. Do note that multiple emails will be ignored and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Application deadline will close on 15 August 2018. We look forward to welcome you onboard to the Hallyufam!