When someone ask about your travel experience in Korea, you’d probably want to tell them interesting stories that you’ve encountered during your trip. Now here’s a chance where you can experience something really unique right here in Korea if you’re planning a trip in early October.
This year, the city of Seoul, Suwon, and Hwaseong will come together once again to recreate a perfect reenactment of King Jeongjo’s royal procession, which allows foreign participants to join in the famed royal parade dressed in traditional costumes.
King Jeongjo was the 22nd ruler of the Joseon Dynasty of Korea, and was known for his filial piety where he made annual journeys to his father’s tomb, whose rituals were said to be the biggest royal procession in the dynasty. In 2016, the royal procession was reenacted for the first time in 220 years through a tomb parade, and it continues every year as citizens and tourists alike celebrate the reenactment and commemorate the filial piety of King Jeongjo.
In Seoul, a temporary bridge called Baedari will be set up across the Hangang River from Noryangjin using the same techniques people used back in the Joseon Dynasty, connecting a way and leading festival-goers towards Hwaseong and Suwon.
Foreign tourists are invited to participate in the parade on the section in Suwon and experience the traditional culture of ancient Korea. The course of this parade will begin from Suwon Sports Complex, ending approximately 2km away at Hwaseong Haenggung, where King Jeongjo stayed during the tribute trips to his father’s tomb.
Hwaseong Haenggung is also known to be a famed attraction for drama shoots like “Love in the Moonlight (2016)”, “Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)”, “Rooftop Prince (2012)”, “Dae Jang Geum (2003)”, and many more.
Here’s How You Can Join the Tour:
- Departure Date: 6 October 2019 (Sunday)
- Price: SGD 55 per person
- Course: Suwon Sports Complex → Hwaseong Haenggung (approximately 2km)
- Inclusions: Round trip transportation from Seoul, Costume (must be returned), Make up Service, Bottled Water, Packed Lunch
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- All prices are Nett, in Singapore Dollars (SGD)
- Packages will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis, based on availability
- Itinerary may be subject to change if there are any unexpected circumstances
- This special package is only available for tour start date: 6 October 2019
- A minimum of 15 pax is required for this group tour to depart. Hence, in event if there are less than 15 pax who sign up for the tour, it may be subject to cancellation.
- Children below the age of 10 years old are not recommended to join the tour as it involves long distance walking during the parade.
- Bookings can be made via email@example.com when you quote “HALLYUSG x KING JEONGJO PARADE” as your email subject title. All bookings must be received latest by 11 September 2019 with the following particulars:
- Email Subject: HALLYUSG x KING JEONGJO PARADE
- Full Name as per passport:
- Date of Birth:
- Passport Number:
- Passport Expiry Date:
- Contact Number: